The Income Tax School (ITS) www.TheIncomeTaxSchool.com is positioned as “The National Standard for Tax Preparer Training” and delivers practical tax preparation education to thousands of e-Learning students throughout the U.S. ITS seeks to significantly expand its national market share through a strategy that includes product enhancements, internet marketing and distribution partnerships. To attract new customers, ITS develops unique and sophisticated tools that “productize” marketing, sales and service concepts such as SEO, SEM, Web analytics, market analysis, customer selection, lead generation, lead/sales matching and optimization over time. As such, practical basic tax preparer training is at the core of ITS’s business. The Product Manager drives the complete vision and execution of the core ITS Comprehensive Tax Course and related course bundles which make ITS the top contender in the national entry-level tax preparation elearning training space. A key part of this role is to produce the vision, determine the business requirements from market analysis, customers and sale, service and marketing and work with our external programmers to maximize the value delivered to e-Learning students. Please submit resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
- We believe in the philosophy of the product manager as CEO of his or her products. Your primary responsibility will be for the overall success of our product line as well as setting and executing its strategy.
- To form that strategy, you and other key ITS team members will gather information from a variety of sources: customer research, market and sales data, our prospect database, internal customer’s website traffic patterns, user behavior, competitive market analysis, etc.
- The ITS product manager is a leader. You’ll work with senior leadership to align the company around your product strategy, roadmap and milestones. You’ll oversee major cross-functional efforts that pull together team members from such departments as curriculum, LMS, sales, service, finance and marketing.
- As the leader, you’ll integrate plans into and drive execution to a comprehensive release schedule.
- You’ll prioritize and allocate resources against an array of simultaneously-running projects, from making direct or partner distribution decisions (with appropriate analysis to match) along with bringing major new features all the way from conception to market and into ongoing maintenance.
- We believe that collaboration is the key to great product development, which means you will work closely with our tax school leadership to keep our programmers on-track and producing valuable, quality LMS enhancements.
- You will be responsible for balancing the risk of overinvestment with the responsibility for producing the key personas, workflows, scenarios, and stories necessary to effectively communicate business context and goals.
- 4+ year’s experience in product management
- Technical background and/or MBA is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in online and/or software product management roles
- Proven success in defining, building, and releasing software-based offerings that drive customer or end-user ROI
- Experience working with software development processes
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in and comfort with collaborating with user experience teams
- Experience in and comfort with formal customer research
- Experienced expertise in assessing and interpreting market trends
- Ability to effectively gather requirements, digging beyond requests to get to needs
- Strong skills in data analysis and interpretation
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong consensus and relationship-building skills, with experience marshaling resources across an organization
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts and solve complex problems
- An intellectual approach to problem solving that welcomes debate without posturing in the pursuit of the best answer.