Here’s my 3rd video in the Lessons Learned series in which I talk about the key lessons I’ve learned throughout the course of my professional career. In this video, I talk about the circumstances that led to my return to formal education and the many benefits gained from continuing my studies.
The key lessons learned are:
- Both practical experience and formal education are necessary for one to be truly educated and successful.
- When academic theories are applied to real world business situations and personal interests or related to experiences, the knowledge is internalized.
- Becoming educated does not necessarily require formal college education. Many highly successful people have become self-educated through reading and mentoring by successful people.
- Skills in reading and especially writing are invaluable tools of success.
- Lifelong learning is essential for one to continue to grow as a person and as a professional.