Answer for Will your course certify me to prepare taxes?

There are currently no IRS regulations for tax preparers to be tested or complete continuing education. That could change in the future (after the 2014 tax season) if IRS succeeds in having Tax Preparer Regulations reinstated.

The only states that currently regulate tax preparers and require special qualifying courses are California, Maryland, and Oregon. The Income Tax School offers qualifying courses for CA and OR. If you do not live in California or Oregon, you will not need to take a state qualifying course, and you can prepare tax returns for taxpayers who reside in any state, including California and Oregon.

Our Comprehensive Tax Course (links below) will provide you with the knowledge to prepare individual Form 1040 returns for the general taxpaying public. You can study at your own pace. You will receive a certificate of completion after successfully completing the course.

· Career package
·Start your own tax business package