Put your tax education on a pathway with the program that prepares you for the highest designation in the tax industry, the Enrolled Agent (EA)
The National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA), in conjunction with The Income Tax School, is proud to offer the perfect pathway for those wanting to enter the tax profession, all the way through to becoming an IRS Enrolled Agent, the highest designation in the tax industry!
The Chartered Tax Professional (CTP®) certificate program combines tax knowledge and experience to create the perfect pathway to becoming an Enrolled Agent (EA). Upon completion of the program, you will be ready to sit for an Enrolled Agent Exam Review and then for the IRS Special Enrolled Examination (SEE)! This will put you at the top of the tax professional field in under 2 years!
The CTP® certificate program enables you to handle very involved individual tax situations as well as tax returns for small business corporations, partnerships and more complex sole proprietorships. The CTP® certificate program covers both basic and complex individual Form 1040 and small business corporation Form 1120 & 1120S and partnership Form 1065 tax returns. These more complicated tax returns will open up new, more lucrative markets for you. This program can significantly enhance your salary and your advancement potential as an Enrolled Agent, and can be completed in 18 months or less!
Courses included in this program:
- Comprehensive Tax Course – 60 hours
- Advanced Level I Tax Course – 30 hours
- Advanced Level II Tax Course – 30 hours
- Small Business Level I – 30 hours
- Small Business Level II Tax Course – 30 hours
- A total of 180 hours of CE credit for the entire program
You receive one course at a time so you always have the most up-to-date material, and are given 18-months to complete 5 courses.
Upon successful completion of the Chartered Tax Professional certificate program,
you should be able to:
- Practice as a qualified tax professional
- Prepare tax returns for all individual U.S. taxpayers
- Prepare small businesses corporate, partnership & sole-proprietor tax returns
- Conduct a professional tax preparation client interview
- Provide tax planning for individuals and small business owners
- Meet the IRS e-file and due diligence requirements for tax practitioners
- Understand the ethical responsibilities of tax professionals
- Save money on your personal taxes and preparation fees
- Prepare for the IRS Enrolled Agent (EA) examination
- Annual CE requirement beginning the year after you qualify as a CTP®
- 15 Hours (9 hours federal tax law, 3 hours ethics, 3 hours federal tax law updates)
- Experience requirement:
- 500 Hours must be completed before final CTP® certificate is issued.
- Learn more about requirements
Learn more about the CTP and Enroll:
- Payment plan available
- View CTP timeline schedule
Our 5 course Chartered Tax Professional certificate program (CTP) will allow you upon completion to be able to handle very involved individual tax situations as well as tax returns for small business corporations, partnerships and more complex sole proprietorships. The CTP® certificate program covers both basic and complex individual Form 1040 and small business corporation Form 1120 & 1120S and partnership Form 1065 tax returns. These more complicated tax returns will open up new, more lucrative markets for you.
The courses are provided online (e-learning) through an interactive learning management system (LMS) that you can access with an internet connection anytime, anywhere 24/7. You would study at your own pace and we provide instructor support by e-mail. There is reading and the entire student text is online, but you can also purchase a hard copy for convenience and future reference. You would prepare practice tax returns manually off-line and enter the results online. All coursework is automatically graded and you receive instructional feedback for wrong answers on the Review Questions, Chapter Study Questions and Tax Returns. The Income Tax School is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. The Income Tax School is also QAS Self-Study Approved by NASBA.
The Income Tax School teaches students how to actually prepare tax returns manually, and we provide expert instructor support by email. Practical application by preparing actual tax returns results in the tax preparation knowledge being internalized and our quizzes and exams also serve to confirm student learning. If you want to become a true tax expert, this is the ideal way to get started and meet your tax career goals.
Get Started Today!
Once you’ve completed the Chartered Tax Professional (CTP®) certificate program, you can SAVE 10% on the Gleim Enrolled Agent Exam Review, which will help to prepare you for the IRS Special Enrollment Examination (SEE) to become an Enrolled Agent (EA)! Learn more