- 4 Modules comprised of 4 chapters each
- Reading and Reference Materials
- Learning Activities
- Real world examples and applications
- Quizzes & Tests
- Instructor support by email
- Automatic online grading with feedback
- California Edition is a CTEC approved qualifying course (includes 4 supplemental state modules, 5 chapters each)
- PDF downloads for reading materials
- Hard copy books may be purchased at checkout
- Free Tax Law Updates as they become available
- Free AFTR course available when IRS releases access – click here to learn more about AFTR and AFSP
This course is not a webinar. For more details on course content, view Learning Objectives by Chapter for Standard Comprehensive or California State Supplement for Comprehensive.
Upon purchase, you will receive login credentials and may start your course right away. You can work at your own pace and access the course content at any time. You will have 6 months from your purchase date to complete the course, though many students finish much earlier. A course extension may be purchased from our online store, if needed.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be qualified to:
- Prepare most individual tax returns
- Perform a thorough interview with a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer’s filing status and eligibility for exemptions
- Accurately report income and deductions for a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer’s eligibility for credits and deductions
- Complete Schedules C-EZ, C and E
- Compute depreciation for assets and eligibility for Section 179
- Accurately calculate a taxpayer’s refund or balance due
- Advise a taxpayer in tax planning strategies
- (CA Edition) Register with CTEC as a tax preparer, provided you obtain a PTIN and tax preparer bond. Learn more about CTEC requirements here.
The Income Tax School will report all credit hours and completed certificates to the IRS and/or CTEC (for California preparers). Students will also earn a Certificate of Completion that will be sent via email.