- 2 Modules comprised of 28 hours of education
- Reading and Reference Materials
- Learning Activities
- Real world examples and applications
- Practical Pointers for your own use
- Quizzes & Tests
- Surgent ITS Support by email
- Automatic online grading with feedback on most graded assignments
- PDF downloads for reading materials
- Hard copy books may be purchased at checkout
- Steps to Starting a Business, Entity Types, Sole Proprietorships, Accounting Methods and bookkeeping, Recordkeeping, Keeping Accurate Records for Business Activities
- Costs of Goods Sold, Start-Up Costs, Basis and Adjusted Basis, Methods of Depreciation
- Placed in Service, Review of Basis Rules, Disposition Types, Reporting Gains and Losses
- Sole Proprietorships, Tangible Property Regulations/Safe Harbor, General Business Credits, Qualified Business Income (QBI) Deduction
- Balance Sheet, The Income Statement, Asset Section, Liability Section, Equity Section, Calculating the Financial Health of a Business
- Community Property Rules for Partnerships, Partnership Agreement, Sale or Exchange of Partnership Interest, Determining Items Reportable to Partners
- General Characteristics of C Corporations, Uniform Capitalization Rules (UNICAP), Reconciliation of Income (Loss) Per Books with Income Per Return: Schedules L, M-1, and M-2, How to Figure the Ending Cash Balance
- S Corporations Elections, Built-In Gains, Separately Stated Items, Reasonable Compensation
- Recordkeeping Requirements, Payroll Reporting and Deposit Requirements, COVID-19, The Cares Act, and the Effect on Employers, Business Provisions in the Cares Act, New COVID-19 Tax Credits for Employers
- Upon purchase, you will receive login credentials via email and may start your course right away.
- You can work at your own pace and access the course content at any time.
- You will have 3 months from your purchase date to complete the course, though many students finish much earlier.
- A course extension may be purchased from our online store, if needed.
Certificate of Completion and Reporting CE:
- Students will also earn a Certificate of Completion after each module that will be available for download in the learning management system.
- Surgent Income Tax School will report all credit hours and completed certificates to the IRS and/or CTEC (for California preparers).
- IRS Provider #: EEZ75
- CTEC Provider #: 1071
- NASBA Sponsor #: 103388
IRS Program # Small Business I
- Module 1: EEZ75-T-00328-21-S
- Module 2: EE76-T-00328-21-S
CTEC Program # Small Business I
- Module 1: 1071-CE-3082
- Module 2: 1071-CE-3083
- The IRS requires you to complete all CE with a passing score by 12/31 each year in order to be accepted. Surgent Income Tax School will report all credit hours and completed certificates to the IRS and/or CTEC (for California preparers).
Attention CTEC Students:
- Surgent ITS students should complete CTEC CE by 10/21 each year to ensure timely reporting in order to meet the 10/31 CTEC renewal deadline.
- CTEC students are responsible for verifying their own credits through their CTEC account before 10/21 to ensure complete and timely reporting of their CE before the 10/31 CTEC renewal deadline.
- Surgent Income Tax School will do its best to request PTIN and CTEC numbers from Surgent ITS students, but it is the student’s responsibility to provide them to Surgent ITS School Administrators to ensure timely CE reporting.
- Surgent Income Tax School is not liable for any delays caused by the CTEC.org website or the student’s failure to comply with the above requested actions.
- CTEC does offer late renewal for an additional fee, in which case Surgent ITS students must complete CTEC CE by 1/5 of each year to meet the 1/15 CTEC late renewal deadline.