Need to have employees or prospects trained to become tax preparers but don’t have the time? If you prefer, we can train your staff for you with our online tax courses and instructor support so that you can tend to your business.
Let us train for you!
This course is not a webinar
We provide all students with a free Tax Law Update once the IRS issues updates
CTEC CE Deadline Information:
ITS Students must complete CTEC CE by 10/21 to ensure timely reporting in order to meet the 10/31 CTEC renewal deadline.
ITS Students who complete CTEC CE between 10/22 – 10/30 can opt to pay a $20 expedited reporting fee in order to meet the CTEC renewal deadline on 10/31.
ITS Students who complete CTEC CE on 10/31 are NOT guaranteed that their CE will be reported in time to meet the 10/31 CTEC renewal deadline — even if the $20 expedited reporting fee was paid.
All CE must be completed with a passing score by 12/31 each year for it to be accepted by the IRS
Prior tax preparation experience/knowledge of individual tax return preparation is suggested
- Online, self-study beginner tax course
- Study anywhere/anytime with an internet connection
- No prerequisites required
- All reading material is viewable online with optional PDF downloads
- Printed and bound books are an optional add-on for a fee
- Academic support from tax school instructors provided by email
- Automatic grading with instructional feedback
- Certificate of Completion
- Emailed upon completion with a final passing grade of 70% or greater
- Approved by Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR)
- We report your credit hours to the IRS
- CTEC Approved
- State material is available for California
- Upon successful completion of the course, we will notify CTEC of your completed credits
- View our credentials
About the course:
- Total of 10 chapters
- 2 modules, 5 chapters per module
- Total of 30 CE credit hours
- 3 months from date of registration to complete the course.
- Extensions can be purchased if more time is needed.
- California Edition includes Small Business I, plus the following seminars below:
View the Table of Contents:
- Business Types
- Accounting Methods
- Financial Statements
- Business Income
- Schedule C
- Section 179
- Contractor vs. Employee
- Sale of Business Property
- Corporations – C, S, LLC
- Employee Taxes
- Excise Taxes
- Employee Benefits
- Retirement Plans