Effective date 6/6/2016.
Completion of the online certificate program does not guarantee employment.
- This course is an 80-Hour Basic Income Tax Course.
- The course is 80-hours in length and is expected to be completed within a 4-month period.
- This Distance Education course is delivered through an online platform.
- Upon registration and payment of tuition and fees, each student will receive a unique User Identification Number and Password.
- If books are purchased, they will be shipped to the student at no additional charge.
- Classes begin upon registration and payment of tuition and fees.
- Registrations are accepted year-round.
Terms of Contract
- The effective date of this contract is the date of enrollment.
- The total cost of the course is $497
- Registration Fee: $60 and Tuition: $437
- Plus $80 for books and materials.
- Full payment of tuition and fees is expected at the time of enrollment. The school accepts payments in the form of a money order, cashier’s check or credit card.
Oregon State Cancellation and Refund Policies
Distance Education Instruction
Distance Learning Instruction
- A student may cancel enrollment by giving written notice to the school within 5 business days after the date of enrollment or prior to delivery to the student of any lesson materials, whichever occurs later. If cancellation occurs during that five-day period, all monies paid to the school by the student shall be refunded.
- When an enrollment application has been accepted by the school and not canceled under the provisions of section (1) of this rule, the following schedules of maximum charges may be assessed by the school:
- If termination occurs in the period between the delivery of lesson materials and receipt by the school of the first completed lesson materials, the school may charge an amount equal to 15 percent of the total tuition cost, or $150, whichever is less; that being established as its registration fee
- If termination occurs after receipt by the school of the first completed lesson materials and up to 50 percent of the completed lesson assignments, the student shall be entitled to a pro rata refund of the total tuition cost of the distance learning portion of the program. The school may retain the established registration fee
- If termination occurs after receipt by the school of 50 percent or more of the completed lesson assignments, the school may retain 100 percent of the total tuition costs plus the established registration fee; and
- Calculation of the pro rata refund under subsections (2)(a)-(c) of this rule is determined by dividing the total number of lessons comprising the period of enrollment for which the student has been charged into the total number of such lessons not submitted by the student.
Refund Policy for Tax Practice Management Manuals, Guide to Start and Grow Your Successful Tax Business, and Business Start-up Guides:
- Tax Practice Management Manuals (Marketing, Policies and Procedures, Personnel, and Expansion), the Guide to Start and Grow Your Successful Tax Business, and the two Business Start-up Guides are non-refundable purchases.
Any inquiry a student may have regarding this contract may be made in writing to The Income Tax School, Inc. or to the Superintendent of Public Instruction, Oregon Department of Education, 255 Capitol NE, Salem, OR 97310-0203 or by calling (503) 947-5601.
I have read and received a copy of this enrollment agreement and the student completion and placement data as required in OAR 581-045-0018(1)(a-d). I have also read and received a copy of the following: Course Catalog–Volume 2015
Course Catalog – Volume 2015
Additionally, I understand the following:
- That tuition charges will accrue based on the hours that the program is offered (3-hours per Federal chapter and 1-hour per State chapter) by the school and that I have contracted/scheduled to complete, rather than my actual attendance;
- That any refund calculation is based on the total number of completed chapters;
- Students are required to complete no less than 3 chapters (a combination of 2 Federal and 1 State chapter or 1 Federal and 2 State chapters) per week. The expected completion time for this course, including completion of exams, is 16-weeks or 4-months.
- Students who fail to complete a minimum of 3 chapters per week will be contacted by an instructor to determine the cause of the delay in completing assignments.
- It is expected that all students will complete this course within a 4-month period. However, the school will allow students as long as 6-months from the date of enrollment to complete the course. This extra time is allotted in case of extenuating circumstances or issues which may cause the student an unexpected delay in completing the course.
- At the end of the 6-month period (also known as the “course termination date”) the student’s User Identification Number and Password will be deactivated. If the student wishes to complete the course, he/she will be required to request a reinstatement in writing via email, addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The student will be required to pay the registration fee ($60); however, the tuition ($437) will be waived. A student may request a reinstatement only once.
Cancellation of Live Class, Courses, Seminars, and Webinars (Education Events)
Should The Income Tax School, Inc. cancel a course or education event, program participants will receive a full refund of all tuition/fees within 15 days of the cancellation notice. Cancellation notices are sent to program participants by email upon making the decision to cancel the course or education event.