Effective date 6/6/2016.
Cancellation of Live Class, Courses, Seminars, and Webinars (Education Events)
Should The Income Tax School, Inc. cancel a course or education event, program participants will receive a full refund of all tuition/fees within 15 days of the cancellation notice. Cancellation notices are sent to program participants by email upon making the decision to cancel the course or education event.
Completion of an online course does not guarantee employment.
Within 15 calendar days, following the receipt by e-mail of your e-learning student User ID, you may cancel your enrollment and receive a full refund of all tuition and fees, less S/H, provided that you have also shipped the printed books and materials back to us in re-saleable condition within that same time frame.
If you cancel your enrollment after 15 days of receipt of your student User ID, the following refund policies will apply:
- A nonrefundable registration fee will apply as follows: $100 for course consisting of 30 hours or more of education and $25 for courses consisting of less than 30 hours of education.
- Installment fees are non-refundable.
- Guide to Start and Grow Your Successful Tax Business and/or Tax Business Start-up Guides are non-refundable.
- Students who return books beyond the release of a new edition or that are not in resalable condition will be charged a $72 book fee for the Comprehensive Tax Course, a $55 book fee will apply for all other courses. If a state supplement was included in the purchase, the book fees are $88 and $72, respectively. For example, if the book is based on 2016 tax law and the 2017 tax law has been released, there will be a book fee deducted from the refund. The definition of a “book” is the set of books for each course and not the book for each Module. The Income Tax School will not pay for return shipping. All shipping costs will be deducted from the refund. Books must be returned to be eligible for a refund.
- Refunds will be calculated as follows – The cost of the course less the nonrefundable registration fee less shipping less book fees (if applicable). The remainder of the balance will then be divided by the total number of chapters in the course. The remaining refund will then be reduced by the number of chapters the student has accessed within the Learning Management System.
Example of Refund:
|Course Cost of Comprehensive Tax Course with book purchase:||$569.00|
|Less Nonrefundable fee||-$100.00|
|Less Shipping||-$ 10.00|
|*Less Chapters Accessed fee||$119.10||(for this example, we will calculate 6 chapters accessed)|
|Refund Owed to Student||$339.90|
Extension for Courses of 30 Hours or More:
|Students who do not finish the course within the allotted time frame must pay a $75 reinstatement fee to continue on for an additional term. Extension terms are 3 months for 30 hour courses and 6 months for 60 hour courses. Students have 180 days after the expiration of their course date to be granted an extension. Course extensions are limited to 1 per course.|
All technical, instructor, and administrative support for CE seminars ends on 12/28 and begins again on 1/3.
Course CPE/CE Hours
Course Access Term from Date of Registration
|Over 45 hours||6 months|
|31 – 45 hours||4 months|
|Up to 30 hours||3 months|
|Seminars of 6 hours or less||Completion by 12/31 to be applied for the current year.|
|California CE||Completion by 12/31 to be applied for the current year. Access to course does reflect CTEC deadline of 10/31.|
|AFTR Course||Completion by 12/31 each year to be accepted by the IRS for the upcoming year’s AFSP.|