Interested in a Career at The Income Tax School?
Join our team of knowledgeable, veteran EAs and Tax Preparers in our mission to empower people with a professional career to fulfill their dreams and serve others as industry leaders.
Our Company is dedicated to two standards:
- To provide our customers with high quality products and services at reasonable prices with quality service; in other words, true value.
- To provide you with wages and benefits comparable to others doing similar work within the industry and within the region, and to provide an exceptional working environment.
Over our 30 years in business, we’ve cultivated a fun, family oriented atmosphere that focuses on being the most knowledgeable tax professionals in our field and the most customer service oriented. We work hard together, and we celebrate together as a family.
Practice Servant Leadership
By always putting integrity and ethics first, showing empathy and genuine concern for others, communicating openly, demonstrating mutual trust and respect, and leading a purposeful life.
Do the Right Things Right!
Exceed our customers expectations, use cutting edge processes, create and maintain quality products and services, be thorough and accurate, and always act with professionalism.
Make it Happen!
Be proactive, work as a team, continuously innovate, take ownership, and be committed to success.
View Our Open Positions Below
Assistant Tax School Director
Career Opportunity for an experienced tax pro with excellent writing, teaching, management and computer skills. Relocation to Richmond, Virginia required for this position.
- Assist Tax School Director in all aspects of managing and guiding the Curriculum, Instructors, Learning Management System, and School Admin Teams.
- Enjoy a positive work environment
- Become a member of our corporate inner-circle
- Gain eLearning industry experience
- Use state-of-the art technologies
- Enjoy transparency instead of bureaucracy
- Work in a progressive, growing small business
- Enjoy freedom to be innovative and creative
- Enjoy vacation, sick days and holidays
- Live in the vibrant Richmond community
- Gain access to unlimited, free CE
- Career track to advance to Tax School Director
- Become familiar with ITS curriculum by auditing all tax courses in the CTP certificate program
- Review edited curriculum for The Income Tax School (ITS) courses and seminars
- Write specific sections of ITS course curriculum and update as necessary
- Help to ensure maintenance of all ITS licenses and credentials in a timely manner
- Help to ensure development and production of top-quality products through/with curriculum team
- Help to develop new tax school products through and with Curriculum Team
- Identify new markets and needed enhancements through customer feedback and surveys
- Maintain awareness of competition (strategies, offerings, pricing and market share)
- Help to ensure timely completion of all curriculum updates and new curriculum development
- Assist in performing duties of subordinates as necessary to ensure deadlines are met
- Help to determine audio and visual enhancements needed and help to direct implementation
- Help to ensure professional service support and communication to all ITS licensees and students
- Help to ensure timely corrections of curriculum errors to texts and posting to online resource center
- Help to ensure timely updating of curriculum to Learning Management System (LMS)
- Help to ensure correct preparation of course curriculum for print and online delivery
- Learn about the publishing equipment and publishing software applications
- Help to ensure the efficient operation of the ITS print shop
- Communicate regularly with ITS employees individually and through weekly meetings
- Attend meetings of licensors (e.g., SCHEV, CTEC, NASBA) and trade shows as requested
- Participate in strategic planning and budget meetings pertaining to ITS
- Establish relationships with the “go to” people at the IRS, CTEC, SCHEV, etc
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned
- Help corporate executives attain the Company’s growth and profit goals
- Work efficiently; be productive, self-directed, reliable and assertive
- Take ownership of the job; determine what needs to happen and get it done
- Meet all deadlines in a timely manner
- Represent ITS professionally to the public and to ITS licensees and students
- Earn acceptance and trust of all ITS co-workers
- Create an environment in which the Curriculum Team will be motivated to operate effectively
- Function as a loyal member of ITS corporate team
- Exercise discretion in confidential matters
- Provide frank feedback to corporate executives
- Continue education as necessary to enhance job skills and growth with ITS
- Practice ITS Guiding Principles and encourage all ITS’ associates to do so
Skills and Qualities Desired:
- Initiative, resourcefulness, self-reliance and perseverance
- Goal oriented and focused on results
- Strong people skills; A team player
- Genuine concern for people and desire to help others
- Maturity, sensitivity and integrity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent technical writing, research and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills, plus ability to see the big picture
- Ability to be creative and innovative
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and Adobe applications and ability to learn more
Education and Experience Desired:
- 3 years of experience in preparing 250+ individual and small business tax returns
- Experience in preparing corporation, partnership and complex individual returns
- IRS Enrolled Agent or ability to earn the EA credential within 1 year
- Tax course teaching experience or ability
- Technical research, writing and editing experience
- Business management and employee supervision experience or ability
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent experience
Make Money in the Off Season as an Independent Contractor & Sharpen Your Skills Doing It!
In addition to the open position on this page, we’re recruiting EAs to write and update curriculum for The Income Tax School as independent contractors.