Tuition Assistance

Use Your Benefits to Pay for School

Congratulations on your decision to take a tax course or Chartered Tax certificate program with The Income Tax School! The next step is to determine the best way to pay for it.

Active Military and Veteran Tuition Assistance

As a service member or veteran you may have several benefit options to help. You may be eligible for any or all of the following:

The trick is to know how, when, and where to use them. The Income Tax School works directly with Ed2go and ProTrain to help place students interested in our programs who qualify for military tuition assistance. Feel free to contact the companies below for assistance.


Education Benefits for Military Spouses

The Income Tax School’s Chartered Tax Certificate Programs are perfect for military families due to its portability.  You can pursue your tax education anywhere with internet access, on your own time and at your own pace. Once you’ve completed your education, you should have the knowledge to prepare tax returns for the general population. And, you can service your clients remotely, if needed…which is great if you get PCS orders! Tax preparation is truly a great career option for military families because it is so flexible and there is no cap on what you can earn!

Apply Your $4,000 MyCAA Benefit Towards The Income Tax School’s Chartered Tax Certificate Programs

Funded by the U.S. Department of Defense, the Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) provide up to $4,000 of financial assistance for military spouses who are pursuing degree programs, licenses, or credentials that lead to employment in various career fields.

MyCAA Eligibility and Requirements

  • Spouses of active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps service members in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2, as well as the spouses of activated Guard and Reserve members within those ranks. Spouses of Guard and Reserve members must be able to start and complete their program while their sponsor is on Title 10 orders.
  • MyCAA offers a maximum financial benefit of $4,000 with a fiscal year cap of $2,000. Waivers will be available for spouses pursuing licensure or certification up to the total maximum assistance of $4,000.
  • Military spouses are required to finish their program of study within three years from the start date of the first course.
  • Qualifying education credentials are limited to associate degrees, certifications, and licensures.

Take the first steps to see if you qualify for benefits by visiting MyCAA.

Government Funding

  • Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
  • Vocational Rehabilitation
  • Trade Adjustment Act (TAA)

Other Tuition Assistance

  • Payment plans
    • If you’re financially unable to pay for your tax course all at one time, you can make payments through an installment agreement.
    • Simply click the payment plan tab on the course page of your choosing.
  • Private education Loans