It’s officially the holiday season. While most people are planning parties, vacations, and focused on getting their holiday shopping done, tax professionals are preparing for tax season. Just because people seem to be focused on the holidays doesn’t mean all is lost for marketing your tax services. There are some great guerilla marketing techniques you can use to help earn visibility and get people to remember your business come tax time. Here are a few ideas to consider.
- Send Christmas cards and offer a discount for scheduling a 2014 tax appointment early or coming in before February.
- Host a charity event or a holiday open house at your office for clients and professional contacts.
- Take advantage of the many networking events that happen during the holidays. It’s a great way to meet people and hand out business cards.
- Conduct a year-end tax planning seminar.
- Write an article on year-end tax planning. You can post this on your blog and social media sites or offer it up to a local news site or publication.
- Send a newsletter to clients as well as professional contacts.
- Sponsor events held by other local organizations like the chamber, BBB, or Retail Merchants Association.
What will you be doing to get your name out there this season? Leave a comment and share your ideas. Want to know more marketing your tax firm? Download our free whitepaper here.