Surgent Income Tax School partners with Penn Foster, a leader in education since 1890, to offer their Bookkeeping Program
Bookkeeping is a perfect complementary business to tax preparation. It promotes year-round income, which can help offset the seasonality of tax preparation revenue. Some businesses may need bookkeeping help prior to tax filing. This puts tax preparers in position to capitalize on that service offering for their clients. Conversely, tax preparers may also acquire bookkeeping clients that need tax help.
Tax preparers that understand how clients’ financials interact with the tax return are in a better position to prepare the return and give tax advice to the business owner. It is also a good practice for bookkeepers to know what is needed on a tax return so that the books are set up appropriately. This creates a smooth tax season for all involved.
Becoming a bookkeeper requires certification and bookkeeping knowledge, which may be acquired by taking a program such as the one offered by Penn Foster.
Penn Foster Bookkeeping Program
Orientation to Bookkeeping
- Lesson 1: Starting Your Program
- Lesson 2: The Accounting Equation
Assets, Liabilities, &
- Lesson 3: The Books of Accounting
- Lesson 4: Assets, Liabilities, & Owner’s Equity
Revenue, Expenses, &
- Lesson 5: Revenue, Expenses, & Trial Balance
- Lesson 6: Financial Reports
Payroll & Wholesale Accounting
- Lesson 7: Accounting for Cash & Payroll
- Lesson 8: Accounting Systems
- Lesson 9: Wholesale Accounting
End of Month Accounting
- Lesson 10: Assets & End of the Month Activities
Excel for Bookkeeping
- Lesson 11: Microsoft Excel
- Lesson 12: Microsoft Excel Graded Project
Computer Applications in Accounting: QuickBooks
- Lesson 13: Introduction to QuickBooks
- Lesson 14: QuickBooks Banking and Business Transactions
- Lesson 15: QuickBooks for Inventory and Payroll
- Lesson 16: QuickBooks Financial Reports Project
- Textbook: Computer Accounting with QuickBooks Online
- Lesson 17: Bookkeeping Project
Note: The titles of your learning materials may be different from those listed on your program outline. There is no need to call your instructor about these differences. While the titles of certain learning materials may differ, the educational content is the same. All learning materials are designed to give you the finest education in your field. If you need instructional assistance, however, be sure to call for help. We reserve the right to revise the program of study and the instructional materials, and to substitute for the items of equipment offered.
Penn Foster Bookkeeping Program Payment Options
Included in Your Tuition:
- Interactive Course Content
- Student Community
- Mobile-Friendly Coursework
- Learning and Study Materials
- Goal Setting-Progress-Tracking Tools
- Unlimited Student Support
- Career Services
Monthly Auto Pay
Monthly automatic payments as low as $49/month from your credit card, debit card, PayPal or bank account.
Full Pay (Pay In Full)
Full payment from your credit card, debit card, PayPal or bank account for the entire program Bookkeeping Program.
Monthly Mail Pay
Monthly payments as low as $49/month. Mail your monthly payment using a payment coupon book.
* California residents please click here for Required California Disclosures.
At Penn Foster, we continue to develop new ways to expand and improve student satisfaction. However, if you are not satisfied or can no longer continue your studies, we offer a generous refund policy. If you cancel within the first 6 days of enrollment you will receive a full refund. After the first 6 days your refund amount will be based on:
- Lessons completed
- Tuition collected
- Enrollment date