“The only source of knowledge is experience.” ~ Albert Einstein
- Chartered Tax Advisors, Consultants & Professionals:
- An average grade of at least 80% must be attained (our students average 90%+).
- Meet the experience requirement of working at least 100 hours as a tax preparer while in the Chartered Tax Advisor, at least 200 hours as a tax preparer while in the Chartered Tax Consultant program, or at least 300 hours as a tax preparer while in the Chartered Tax Professional program. After completing the first tax course you’ll have the tax knowledge to prepare individual tax returns for almost all U.S. taxpayers and you can start working towards your experience requirement. Plus, you’ll start earning money!
- Affidavit of Experience Requirement to The Income Tax School for CTA
- Affidavit of Experience Requirement to The Income Tax School for CTC
- Affidavit of Experience Requirement to The Income Tax School for CTP
- Please note: Students should keep a copy of the notarized Affidavit of Experience Requirement and/or secure a delivery receipt to ensure their item arrives to ITS.
CE Requirements for all Certificate Programs
- Beginning with the year after you qualify as a Chartered Tax Advisor, Chartered Tax Consultant or Chartered Tax Professional, you must complete 15 hours of Continuing Education (CE) each year to maintain your status. The CE requirement can be completed through our tax school and our online tax courses. The CE reporting period is by calendar year, January 1 through December 31.
- Chartered Tax Advisors, Consultants, & Professionals must complete a total of 15 hours each year in the following categories:
- 9 hours of Federal Tax Law
- 3 hours of Ethics
- 3 hours of Federal Tax Law Updates
- Download a CE Diary to track your credits
Add Your Chartered Tax Certification to Your LinkedIn Profile
- Once you have successfully completed your Chartered Tax Certification (all required courses and experience requirement completed for your specific program), you may add the credential to your LinkedIn profile
- Simply click the appropriate credential that you have earned below to add it to your LinkedIn profile