The 2021 Comprehensive Tax Course is available now and is better than ever.
- Plus more new, revised content coming very soon.
- Now with useful, practical pointers that can be applied in your daily work.
- Materials concentrate on advancement of careers and profitability.
- Relevant updates provided regularly so you remain informed on your craft!
- 4 Modules comprised of 4 chapters each
- Reading and Reference Materials
- Learning Activities
- Real world examples and applications
- Quizzes & Tests
- Surgent ITS Support by email
- Automatic online grading with feedback
- California Edition is a CTEC approved qualifying course (includes 4 supplemental state modules, 5 chapters each)
- PDF downloads for reading materials
- Hard copy books may be purchased at checkout
- Free Tax Law Updates as they become available
- Free AFTR course available when IRS releases access – click here to learn more about AFTR and AFSP
This course is not a webinar. For more details on course content, view Contents and Learning Objectives by Chapter for Standard Comprehensive or California State Supplement for Comprehensive.
Within two business days of purchase and receipt of students’ first/last names and email addresses, students will receive login credentials and may begin course work. Students can work at their own pace and access the course content at any time. Students will have 6 months from purchase date to complete the course, though many students finish much earlier. A course extension may be purchased from our online store, if needed.
- Any hard copy books purchased are non-refundable
- The refund policy for We Teach products is the same as our Self-Study & Online for Individual Students
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be qualified to:
- Prepare most individual tax returns, including Schedules C, D, and E;
- Perform a thorough interview with a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer’s filing status and eligibility for exemptions
- Accurately report income and deductions for a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer’s eligibility for credits and deductions
- Compute depreciation for assets and eligibility for Section 179
- Accurately calculate a taxpayer’s refund or balance due
- Advise a taxpayer in tax planning strategies
- (CA Edition) Register with CTEC as a tax preparer, provided you obtain a PTIN and tax preparer bond. Learn more about CTEC requirements here.
Surgent Income Tax School will report all credit hours and completed certificates to the IRS and/or CTEC (for California preparers). Students will also earn a Certificate of Completion after each module is successfully completed.
CE Hours for Standard Edition
- Module 1: 12 hours Federal Tax Law
- Module 2: 12 hours Federal Tax Law
- Module 3: 12 hours Federal Tax Law
- Module 4: 12 hours Federal Tax Law (7 – Federal Tax Matters, 3 – Tax Law Updates, 2 – Ethics)
- Total hours of CE awarded: 48 CE hours
CE Hours for California State Qualifying Education Edition
- Comprehensive Tax Course: 45 hours Federal Tax Law
- CA State Supplement: 15 hours California State Tax Law
- Total hours of CE awarded for CA State Edition: 60 hours (45 Federal, 15 CA State)