This year’s edition has been completely revised and contains pointers you will appreciate as useful, practical advice to be applied in your daily work. Our materials now concentrate on the advancement of careers and profitability. Relevant updates will also be regularly provided so that you remain informed on your craft. Upon completion of this course, you will have the knowledge to start making money as a tax preparer.
- Free Shipping on student books shipped within the contiguous United States
- 4 Modules comprised of 4 chapters each
- Reading and reference materials
- NEW! Lecture videos reinforce concepts
- Learning Activities
- Real world examples and applications
- Practical pointers for your own use
- Quizzes & Tests
- Surgent ITS Support by Email
- Automatic online grading with feedback
- California Edition is a CTEC approved qualifying course (includes 4 supplemental state modules, 5 chapters each)
- PDF downloads for reading materials
- Hard copy books may be purchased at checkout
- FREE Tax Law Updates as they become available
- FREE AFTR Course available when IRS releases access – Learn more about AFTR and the voluntary IRS Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP)
- Once you have successfully completed the Comprehensive Tax Course, you are eligible to claim a sharable digital badge. Learn more about badges.
This course is not a webinar. For more details on course content, view Learning Objectives by Chapter for Standard Comprehensive or for the California State Supplement for Comprehensive.
Upon purchase, you will receive login credentials and may start your course right away. You can work at your own pace and access the course content at any time. You will have 6 months from your purchase date to complete the course, though many students finish much earlier. A course extension may be purchased from our online store, if needed.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be qualified to:
- Prepare most individual tax returns, including Schedules C, D, and E;
- Perform a thorough interview with a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer’s filing status and eligibility for exemptions
- Accurately report income and deductions for a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer’s eligibility for credits and deductions
- Compute depreciation for assets and eligibility for Section 179
- Accurately calculate a taxpayer’s refund or balance due
- Advise a taxpayer in tax planning strategies
- (CA Edition) Register with CTEC as a tax preparer, provided you obtain a PTIN and tax preparer bond. Learn more about CTEC requirements here.
The Income Tax School will report all credit hours and completed certificates to the IRS and/or CTEC (for California preparers). Students will also earn a Certificate of Completion after each module is successfully completed.
CE Hours for Standard Edition
- Module 1: 12 hours Federal Tax Law
- Module 2: 12 hours Federal Tax Law
- Module 3: 12 hours Federal Tax Law
- Module 4: 12 hours Federal Tax Law (7 – Federal Tax Matters, 3 – Tax Law Updates, 2 – Ethics)
- Total hours of CE awarded: 48 CE hours
CE Hours for California State Qualifying Education Edition
- Comprehensive Tax Course: 45 hours Federal Tax Law
- CA State Supplement: 15 hours California State Tax Law
- Total hours of CE awarded for CA State Edition: 60 hours (45 Federal, 15 CA State)