Operator Kit includes:
- Annual required purchase before materials may be purchased (discounted for renewals)
- Includes ITS Operator’s license, Tax School Operations Manual in electronic format
- Support for instructors by email
Instructor Materials includes: (per kit)
- An online Instructor Resource Center (IRC), which includes an Instructor’s Workshop with hints and tips to help you operate a successful tax school, the Tax School Operator’s Manual, answer keys for all graded assignments including review and chapter questions, learning activities, quizzes, and exams. PowerPoints for the course(s) you are teaching, an electronic copy of the Student Manual, resources available to the students, and reading references.
- Instructors may print quizzes and exams for their live classroom students, which will require manual grading; or the instructor may opt to have students complete graded assignments online with automatic grading.
3, 5, or 10 Student Kit includes:
- Online (you are providing the academic support online): A User ID and password for each student in your kit. This provides access to all required course content, student resources such as IRS publications, instructions, forms, reading references, chapter study questions, learning activities, appendices, worksheets, tax law updates, and so much more.
- Books (you are teaching the courses face-to-face): hard copy student manuals are included. Book kits are typically purchased for FACE TO FACE classes.
- Online and Face to Face instructors receive an Instructor Resource Center accessible online.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be qualified to:
- Prepare most individual tax returns
- Perform a thorough interview with a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer’s filing status and eligibility for exemptions
- Accurately report income and deductions for a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer’s eligibility for credits and deductions
- Complete Schedules C-EZ, C and E
- Compute depreciation for assets and eligibility for Section 179
- Accurately calculate a taxpayer’s refund or balance due
- Advise a taxpayer in tax planning strategies
- (CA Edition) Register with CTEC as a tax preparer, provided you obtain a PTIN and tax preparer bond. Learn more about CTEC requirements here.
What are the benefits to teaching a course online?
There are many! Here are a few to think about:
- Offer the income tax course of your choice with the ease of online convenience
- Place your order and receive access to the course within 24 hrs. Mon-Fri.
- Courses are accessible from any computer with Internet access
- Great for new employee prospects!
- Last minute student enrollment is no longer a problem
- Instant grading on all tests and exams
- Immediate updates & corrections to text
- Students work at their own pace
- Certificate template provided in electronic format for graduates
- Student transcripts are available upon completion (upon request)
- Students access course with a unique user id and password
- Online education website is secure
- Courses contain links to the IRS Website, Forms, Publication 17 and More
Can California Instructors teach a course online?
Yes. However, you must be CTEC approved to teach in California. See our section on CA Tax Courses for more information – or let us teach your students for you.
How up-to-date are your courses? I’m looking into obtaining training for the current tax year.
We are currently updating our courses to reflect current tax laws.
The most current tax laws usually become final in the last couple months of the year. Therefore, our courses are based on the prior tax year. We will issue tax law updates sometime around the beginning to mid-December of each year to current students. The updates will detail the tax law changes for the current year. This allows you to take the current tax law course and become familiar with the tax laws as they are enacted. The practice problems in our course allow you time to apply the knowledge as you learn. The tax law updates provide the enhancement necessary to prepare you for the upcoming tax year. There is no additional cost for the tax law updates.
Click Here for Popular Student FAQs
The Refund Policy below is applicable only for courses students purchase directly from The Income Tax School or Peoples Income Tax School. Students who purchase any courses through third party schools or other organizations must address all refund issues with the entity through which they made that purchase. Please note: Operator©s Starter Kit, License Renewal, Tax Practice Management Manuals (Marketing, Policies and Procedures, Personnel, and Expansion), the Guide to Start and Grow Your Successful Tax Business, and the two Business Start-up Guides are non-refundable.
Online Individual Students
Chartered Tax Certificate Programs Online Individual Students
Virginia Live and Online Individual Students
Academic Honesty Policy
Licensee Guarantee and License Agreement
Reseller License Agreement