THIS IS AN ANNUAL REQUIRED PURCHASE BEFORE MATERIALS MAY BE PURCHASED.
The Tax School Licensee Handbook + 1-Year License does not include teaching materials. It includes detailed information on how to plan, organize, advertise for, and administer a successful tax school, as well as our License Agreement for you to use our curriculum in your classroom.
Are you a prior licensee?
Order a License Renewal
Review License Agreement
Please Note: This product is a downloadable file and is non-refundable.
Includes the following:
- Operator’s license with The Income Tax School
- Operations Manual with detailed information on how to plan, organize, and administer your tax school, whether it be online, in a live classroom setting, or both
- Toll-free phone and email support
- Topics in the Operations Manual include:
- Information about supplies
- Media advertising
- Target advertising
- Marketing materials
- Public relations
- Quality of leads
- Sample press releases
- Sample ads
- Sample flyer
- Planning for your classes
- Inquiry & follow up procedures
- Instructor information
- Evaluation forms
- Training outlines
- Classroom information
- Graduation information
- Recruiting employees
Required purchase if you want to buy student kits and materials.
What are the benefits to teaching a course online?
There are many! Here are a few to think about:
- Offer the income tax course of your choice with the ease of online convenience
- Place your order and receive access to the course within 24 hrs. Mon-Fri.
- Courses are accessible from any computer with Internet access
- Great for new employee prospects!
- Last minute student enrollment is no longer a problem
- Instant grading on all tests and exams
- Immediate updates & corrections to text
- Students work at their own pace
- Certificate template provided in electronic format for graduates
- Student transcripts are available upon completion (upon request)
- Students access course with a unique user id and password
- Online education website is secure
- Courses contain links to the IRS Website, Forms, Publication 17 and More
Can California Instructors teach a course online?
Yes. However, you must be CTEC approved to teach in California. See our section on CA Tax Courses for more information – or let us teach your students for you.
How up-to-date are your courses? I’m looking into obtaining training for the current tax year.
We are currently updating our courses to reflect current tax laws.
The most current tax laws usually become final in the last couple months of the year. Therefore, our courses are based on the prior tax year. We will issue tax law updates sometime around the beginning to mid-December of each year to current students. The updates will detail the tax law changes for the current year. This allows you to take the current tax law course and become familiar with the tax laws as they are enacted. The practice problems in our course allow you time to apply the knowledge as you learn. The tax law updates provide the enhancement necessary to prepare you for the upcoming tax year. There is no additional cost for the tax law updates.
Click Here for Popular Student FAQs
The Refund Policy below is applicable only for courses students purchase directly from The Income Tax School or Peoples Income Tax School. Students who purchase any courses through third party schools or other organizations must address all refund issues with the entity through which they made that purchase.
Please note: Operator’s Starter Kit, License Renewal, Tax Practice Management Manuals (Marketing, Policies and Procedures, Personnel, and Expansion), Print/Hard Copy Books for Individual Course Purchase, the Guide to Start and Grow Your Successful Tax Business, and the two Business Start-up Guides are non-refundable.
Online for Individual Students
Payment Plan Terms & Conditions for Courses Purchased Before 3/11/21
Chartered Tax Certificate Programs for Online Individual Students
Virginia Student Enrollment Agreement for Courses Purchased Before 3/1/2021
Surgent EA Review Refund Policy and Pass Guarantee
Academic Honesty Policy
Licensee Guarantee and License Agreement
Reseller License Agreement