Prior tax preparation experience/knowledge is suggested for the Small Business I course. Students normally enroll in this course after completing the Comprehensive Tax course and working at least one season as a tax preparer. This course is not a webinar.
This year’s edition now include NEW lecture videos! Covering concepts that may be challenging or difficult to understand, these nine videos provide bite-sized learning moments that support the course instruction. The course has been revised and contains pointers you will appreciate as useful, practical advice to be applied in your daily work. Our materials concentrate on career advancement and profitability. Relevant updates will also be regularly provided so that you remain informed on your craft.
- Free Shipping on student books shipped within the contiguous United States
- 2 Modules comprised of 25 hours of education
- Reading and Reference Materials
- NEW! Lecture videos reinforce concepts
- Learning Activities
- Real world examples and applications
- Practical Pointers for your own use
- Quizzes & Tests
- Surgent ITS Support by email
- Automatic online grading with feedback on most graded assignments
- PDF downloads for reading materials
- Hard copy books may be purchased at checkout
- Upon purchase, you will receive login credentials via email and may start your course right away.
- You can work at your own pace and access the course content at any time.
- You will have 3 months from your purchase date to complete the course, though many students finish much earlier.
- A course extension may be purchased from our online store, if needed.
Certificate of Completion and Reporting CE:
- Students will also earn a Certificate of Completion after each module that will be available for download in the learning management system.
- Surgent Income Tax School will report all credit hours and completed certificates to the IRS and/or CTEC (for California preparers).
Provider numbers for IRS, CTEC, and NASBA:
- IRS(Provider #EEZ75)
- Small Business I Module I – EEZ75-T-00427-23-S (12 Hours of CE)
- Small Business I Module II – EEZ75-T-00428-23-S (13 Hours of CE)
- CTEC (Provider #1071)
- Small Business I Module I– 1071-CE-3168 (12 Hours of CE)
- Small Business I Module II – 1071-CE-3169 (13 Hours of CE)
- NASBA #103388
- Small Business I Module I (12 Hours of CE)
- Small Business I Module II (13 Hours of CE
The IRS requires you to complete all CE with a passing score by 12/31 each year in order to be accepted. Surgent Income Tax School will report all credit hours and completed certificates to the IRS and/or CTEC (for California preparers).
Attention CTEC Students:
- Surgent ITS students should complete CTEC CE by 10/21 each year to ensure timely reporting in order to meet the 10/31 CTEC renewal deadline.
- CTEC students are responsible for verifying their own credits through their CTEC account before 10/21 to ensure complete and timely reporting of their CE before the 10/31 CTEC renewal deadline.
- Surgent Income Tax School will do its best to request PTIN and CTEC numbers from Surgent ITS students, but it is the student’s responsibility to provide them to Surgent ITS School Administrators to ensure timely CE reporting.
- Surgent Income Tax School is not liable for any delays caused by the CTEC.org website or the student’s failure to comply with the above requested actions.
- CTEC does offer late renewal for an additional fee, in which case Surgent ITS students must complete CTEC CE by 1/5 of each year to meet the 1/15 CTEC late renewal deadline.