This course is not a webinar
Guide to Start and Grow Your Successful Tax Business is non-refundable
We provide all students with a free Tax Law Update once the IRS issues updates
CTEC CE Deadline Information:
ITS Students must complete CTEC CE by 10/21 to ensure timely reporting in order to meet the 10/31 CTEC renewal deadline.
ITS Students who complete CTEC CE between 10/22 – 10/30 can opt to pay a $20 expedited reporting fee in order to meet the CTEC renewal deadline on 10/31.
ITS Students who complete CTEC CE on 10/31 are NOT guaranteed that their CE will be reported in time to meet the 10/31 CTEC renewal deadline — even if the $20 expedited reporting fee was paid.
All CE must be completed with a passing score by 12/31 each year for it to be accepted by the IRS
Prior tax preparation experience/knowledge of individual tax return preparation is suggested.
- Online, self-study beginner tax course
- Study anywhere/anytime with an internet connection
- No prerequisites required
- All reading material is viewable online with optional PDF downloads
- Printed and bound books are an optional add-on for a fee
- Academic support from tax school instructors provided by email
- Automatic grading with instructional feedback
- Certificate of Completion
- Emailed upon completion with a final passing grade of 70% or greater
- Approved by Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR)
- We report your credit hours to the IRS
- CTEC Approved
- State material is available for California (Choose CA edition)
- Upon successful completion of the course, we will notify CTEC of your completed credits
- View our credentials
About the course:
- Total of 10 chapters
- 2 modules, 5 chapters per module
- Total of 30 CE credit hours
- 3 months from date of registration to complete the course.
- Extensions can be purchased if more time is needed.
- California Edition includes Small Business I, plus the following seminars below:
View the Table of Contents:
- Business Types
- Accounting Methods
- Financial Statements
- Business Income
- Schedule C
- Section 179
- Contractor vs. Employee
- Sale of Business Property
- Corporations – C, S, LLC
- Employee Taxes
- Excise Taxes
- Employee Benefits
- Retirement Plans